NBA: Triumphales comeback for yes Morant – Joel Embiid worries the scorer
After nine play pause, Morant can fly directly again and takes his team with. Joel Embid again shows his whole class and follows Shaquille O’Neal – and Isaiah Hartenstein becomes so slow to the shooter.
- NBA: The top scorer of the season
- Philadelphia 76ers (50-31) – Indiana Pacers (25-56) 133: 120 (Boxscore)
- Memphis Grizzlies (56-25) – New Orleans Pelicans (36-45) 141: 114 (Boxscore)
Philadelphia 76ers (50-31) – Indiana Pacers (25-56) 133: 120 (Boxscore)
- For the second time within a week, the Sixers met Indiana, for the second time in series Joel Embiid crashed the 40-point mark \ – this time it was 41 points and 20 rebounds, the third 40/20 game in Embiids career ( Each of them came against the Pacers!). Embiid almost certainly got the scoring title in this season and held his team in the race for third place in the Eastern Conference.
- “I always said that I want to dominate every night,” said the Camerooner. The opposing coach Rick Carlisle testified that this was embarrassed in this game quite well. “We have not seen anyone in the history of the league that combines these physins with these skills. He can easily scores on all three levels. He is an incredible player and it will be exciting how opposing teams will defend him in the playoffs.”
- The Pacers were unable to offer Embiid Paroli. Even at the end of the first quarter, Philly led 14 points and led the whole game over, mostly with two-digit lead. EMBIID scored highly efficient (14/17 FG, 11/15 FT), and also the entire remaining starting Five of the Sixer Score. Tobias Harris and Tyrese Maxey came to 18 points, James Harden contributed 22 and 14 assists to victory.
- At the Pacers, it put the ninth defeat in series, although Indiana had seven players in Double figures and met 52.6 percent from the field as a team. Oshae Brissett (20 points) and Tyrese Haliburton (19, 9 assists) were the most striking players at the guests.
- Philly could now jump through a victory against Detroit when Boston loses at the same time against Memphis, even jump in place in the East. Otherwise, the Sixers meet one of the Toronto Raptors in Round One as 4-Seed. Whether Embiid is still part of the game against the pistons, the center was open. “I want to play, but is a back-to-back and we have to prepare for the playoffs,” said the Center, who, as the first center since Shaquille O’Neal, should give the league in scoring (30.6 ppg ).
NBA: The top scorer of the season
Memphis Grizzlies (56-25) – New Orleans Pelicans (36-45) 141: 114 (Boxscore)
* The Grizzlies have long been sure the two-seed, meaningless this game was not yet – because Morant returned to nine playing pause finally back and left a good impression (21 points, 7/14 FG, 9 assists in 27 minutes). “I’ve been pleased to stay with my team again. Today it finally went back, it was great fun. Now we are ready for the playoffs,” said the All-Star against a highlight block against Larry Nance Jr. also proved that the athletics did not suffer from his knee pain.
* The Grizzlies made a short process with Nola, even shorter than the final result it suggests. 17 points was already a break to the break, in the third quarter then finally broke all the dams and meanwhile brought Memphis with 43 points. The Grizzlies were scary hot from Downtown (18/35 3FG) and introduced the franchise record to Siegen from the 2012/13 season. Six players scored next to Morant two-digit, including Topscorer Dillon Brooks (23) and Brandon Clarke (20), coming from the bench each of his ten throws.
- In the guests, Meanwhile, without the attacked Brandon Ingram, not much together, C.J. McCollum (16) was already the topscorer, especially from the triple line, the pels could not keep up (6/30). Defensive also lacked access, especially in the third quarter. “We could have been better over the whole game. But the third quarter was at the worst,” Head Coach Willie Green Analyzed.
- He was not wrong: the 55 points that Memphis scored in this quarter were a new franchise record. The Grizzlies now end their season against the Celtics, the Pelicans still need to go against Golden State Ran and will go to play-in as 9-seed.
Articles and videos about the topic
* Pacers are considering Brogdon Trade – an option for the Lakers?
* Experience the NBA live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.