NBA Playoffs: Boston Celtics take revenge to Milwaukee Bucks
The Boston Celtics compensated for the Playoff series against the Milwaukee Bucks with a 109:86 success in game 2. Jaylen Brown shoots the Celts on the winning road with an early offensive explosion, and the defense puts the champion cold.
- Jaylen Brown catches fire – Celtics put Giannis and Co. cold
- the most important statistics
- NBA Playoffs – Celtics vs. Bucks: The voices
- the star of the game: Grant Williams
- The flop of the game: Grayson Allen
- the scene of the game
- Boston Celtics (2) – Milwaukee Bucks (3) 109: 86 (boxcore), series: 1-1
- NBA Playoffs: Celtics vs. Bucks – The series at a glance (1-1)
Brown scored 30 points (6/10 threes) and collected 5 rebounds and 6 assists on the way to 1-1 equalization in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. He marked 17 points alone in the first quarter when Boston earned an advantage early on. Brown took over aggressively, the defense made life extremely difficult for the reigning champion – although Dpoy Marcus Smart was missing due to a thigh bruise.
In the meantime, Boston settled up to 26 points before the offense got more problems in the course of the game. In the final section, Jayson Tatum was also on the spot with important buckets to keep Milwaukee at a distance. Brown had now struggled with his thigh, Tatum scored 10 of his 29 points in the last round, including Grant Williams (21, 6/9 threes).
With his defense, the latter even even giants Antetocounmpo, who after a weak first half came to 28 points (11/27 FG), 9 rebounds and 7 assists. JRUE Holiday contributed 19 points and 7 templates, otherwise only Bobby Portis and Pat Connaughton (13 each) cracked the double digits. Now both teams have a three -day break before the series continues in Milwaukee on Saturday evening.
For Smart, Derrick White moved into the Starting Five of the Celtics, otherwise there were no changes on both sides. The most important adaptation of the Celtics compared to game 1 was different: hit throws. From the beginning, the ball ran very well through its own ranks, two successful middle distance and a corner of the corner caused a 7-0 start. Antetocounmpo, on the other hand, only got difficult degrees outside the zone and started out of the field with 0/6.
Jaylen Brown catches fire – Celtics put Giannis and Co. cold
On the other side of the spectrum, Brown, who was on a mission in the first quarter, acted to forget his weak game 1. He blocked a Holiday jumper followed by his own threesome (+15), a little later he sent Grayson to the boards by crossover and sank the mid-jumper. The 25-year-old could not be stopped at all, he ended a smaller goat run with a stepback triangle. Outstanding Brown district – 32:21 for Boston.
The Celtics Defense also showed a dominant start and a strong second quarter, Grant Williams presented itself as something like the Giannis stopper-mostly without a double teams. Brown was still on fire, his next triple put on +17. In addition, the home side shone with their ball movement, the lead grew up to 25 points. It went into the half -time break with 65:40.
After the change of sides, Boston’s offense had significantly more problems, in the first 7 minutes of the third quarter the home side only got 7 points on the scoreboard. Giannis now woke up (18 in the third quarter), Milwaukee shortened with a 10-0 run. With a large lineup and Tatum’s scoring, Boston caught again, 83:66 Boston after three rounds.
However, Boston now got into isolations too often, which the offense is not good. The gnawing luck was now also gone, so Milwaukee was slowly but surely raking back. When the Celtics lead melted on 12 points, Tatum sinked an important threesome. Two and a half minutes before the end, the all-star struck again from the corner, followed by a Williams triple. Suddenly Boston was back at +21 and the game was through.
the most important statistics
Boston Celtics (2) – Milwaukee Bucks (3) 109: 86 (boxcore), series: 1-1
- It took just eight minutes when Brown had already reached his Scoring Total from game 1. The Guard was completely on fire, he probably played the best quarter of his life. At least once his playoff career, according to ESPN Stats & Info Brown never scored more points in a postseason section than his 17 points in game 2 at the half-time break, he was with almost perfect 25 points (9/10 FG, 5/5 threesome ).
- Bucks fans take a look, here the naked numbers of the outstanding Celtics offense come in half-time: after the first 24 minutes, Boston stood in an offensive rating of 137.8, the home side hit 59 percent of the field and 65 percent of Downtown (13/20). The strong ball movement enabled numerous good and free degrees, which in contrast to game 1 mostly fell (17 assists with 23 successful field goals).
- According to ESPN, Boston put 19 Uncontested threes next to the series start, but in the second duel the shoot was back among almost everyone involved. Not only Brown, but also the role players such as Grant Williams (6/9) and Payton Pritchhard (2/4) were on hand from a distance – with the exception of the still weak Derrick White (0/4). In half -time two Boston did not act as highly percent, the Celtics were at 20/43.
- That was enough for an immense advantage of the triple line – Boston scored 51 points more from a distance! Milwaukee hardly managed to earn open throws against the strong Celtics Defense. In the first half, the guests only pushed down from Downtown eight times, the Bucks ended the game with 3/18 threes (16.7 percent). However, this tried to make Milwaukee with a clear advantage in the zone (54:24).
NBA Playoffs – Celtics vs. Bucks: The voices
Jayson Tatum (Celtics) about Jaylen Brown: “If I would bet, I would have bet that JB played a big game. He specified the sound for us. […] Were pissed off how we played in game 1. We knew that we just had to play better in every aspect of the game, that’s so easy. “
the star of the game: Grant Williams
After the outstanding first quarter of Brown, this award could almost have been packed and put in the locker of the 25-year-old, but in the course of the game Stahl Williams is increasingly the spotlight. Defensively, he stood out Giannis excellently, on the other side of the course he spread the field with his threes. Excellent Two-Way game.
The flop of the game: Grayson Allen
Four times in a row, the 26-year-old most recently scarts in the playoffs, including 22- and 27-point games against Chicago. But in game 2 there was hardly a factor for everyone, he finished the game with 5 points with 4 throwing attempts (0/1 threes). More has to come.
the scene of the game
The face of everyone actually said everything, in the eyes of the Bucks Guard there was a fat “oh no” when he was sitting on the court with the bottom of the pants. Brown had caught him badly with a crossover in one-on-one, then he also sank the mid-cold jumper over his victim lying on the ground.
NBA Playoffs: Celtics vs. Bucks – The series at a glance (1-1)
|1||1. May||7 p.m.||Boston Celtics||Milwaukee Bucks||89:101|
|2||4. May||1 o’clock||Boston Celtics||Milwaukee Bucks||109: 86|
|3||7. May||9:30 p.m.||Milwaukee Bucks||Boston Celtics||–|
|4||10. May||1.30 a.m.||Milwaukee Bucks||Boston Celtics||–|
|5*||12. May||TBD||Boston Celtics||Milwaukee Bucks||–|
|6*||14. May||TBD||Milwaukee Bucks||Boston Celtics||–|
|7*||16. May||TBD||Boston Celtics||Milwaukee Bucks||–|
Articles and videos on the topic
* Heat -Star wins Sixth Man Award – German receives voice
* Experience the NBA live on DAZN. Register now! Can be canceled at any time.